Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Incorrect MySQL client library version!

Recently I upgraded my OS X from Snow Leopard to Mavericks in preparation for Yosimate. A lot of dependencies have changed in the latest OS X that breaks my gems for my previous RVM environment (still ruby-1.9.3-p125)

I had this case whereby my I test and rake script "announcement" like I used to run on my development mode in Ruby on Rails.

bundle exec rake announcement:announce_bcc RAILS_ENV=development

Development mode on Rails. Unfortunately I got an error stating that:

Incorrect MySQL client library version! This gem was compiled for 5.5.14 but the client library is 5.6.19.

What I did to solve the issue was to upgrade my gems such as (bundle and rake).

gem update bundler
gem update rake

What solve the issues was to update my mysql2 gem. So what I saw from an article at
Install the mysql2 for a specific mysql client so I just update the mysql2 using gem prestine command.

gem pristine mysql2

This solves the problems and I was able to run the normal RAKE SCRIPT file in my local development.

Comment in if you have similar issues and wants to share insites for us both. ciao c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment