Friday, April 19, 2013

Install rmagick gem on latest imagemagick. (Problem on Mountain Lion 10.8)

I had earlier a Mac Air at hand and install my Ruby environment for web application development. I came across a problem whereby I need install the gems required to run my apps. And one of those gem that I need is RMajick, which I need to work with images in my RoR or Sinatra applications.

The issue was:  RMagick won't compile with ImageMagick formula version 6.8.0-10

I found an article that fix my problem about RMajick not compiling with ImageMagick formula version 6.8.0-10  and its here =>  https://coderwall.com/p/wnomjg


Basically just follow the link below

$ cd /usr/local/Cellar/imagemagick/6.8.0-10/lib
$ ln -s libMagick++-Q16.7.dylib libMagick++.dylib
$ ln -s libMagickCore-Q16.7.dylib libMagickCore.dylib
$ ln -s libMagickWand-Q16.7.dylib libMagickWand.dylib

After overwriting libMagick files you can now 

brew install --fresh libtool
brew link libtool

Additionally you may switch from RMajick to MiniMajick because RMajick is quite sometime outdated and Homebrew the missing package manager for OS X isn't compiling the later formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment