Sunday, June 27, 2010

How stupid I am deleting my Terminal App!

From this article http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/212116#921458 (Thanks to a friend Frank for helping me sorting out my problem on an Error installing gems for Rails 3.0.0.beta4 in MacOSx machine)

Following the steps makes it work in the specific directory but the root directory has some problems with it. So decided to follow and edit the bash_profile which I accidentally modify few lines of it that my Bash Terminal Commands wont' work anymore, it says ... "-Bash ___ command not found." (whoami, ls, cat, tail, etc.,.). How stupid I am moving the Terminal app in the Desktop and move it to Trash and make the Trash Empty just to let my machine work back to where it was supposed to be working. The problem now, while i'm trying to fix the command line now which is found under /usr/bin, It wont work now, so that's it the TERMINAL was removed from my machine :( ... "How stupid I am..." Its the most important thing "app" that I need to work on few web apps :( . Now i'm worried as to where to resolve this issue. The only solution I could think is to get the CD 10.6x in the office and reinstall it back here. So i'm stranded for the rest of the weekends and few hours before and after weekends :(. So that's it. I'll better play and watch movie this time. See you then tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment